mardi 9 juillet 2013

Impressionist girl

Let's go for a short and quite disparate article about museums...

Wandering through art museums is one of my favorite hobbies. And particularly when it's almost free (from transport to entry) for me and when there is a library with several thousand art book we can leaf through. And that particular museum is the second Louvre in Lens ♥
Even if the permanent gallery is quite boring, the two things I've mentionned above and the actual temporary exposition compensate it (:

So, as I said, I like to go through museums and art books. And I like also to draw after paintings and pictures I see, particularly when the characters depicted remind me a lot my own, just like I did for that painting here.
And I noticed that plenty of ladies from the XIXth century remind me Ariane-Rosalka o:
Two drawings done efter pictures found in a wonderful book called "Impressionism and fashion":


 "Le Repos" by Edouard Manet and  "Octobre" by James Tissot

And see also "La Lecture" by Charles Guérin...
 When I saw that painting in the Art and Industry Museum of Roubaix (my favorite one) I was completely astonished by the likeness!! Even the fringe is here!!


And here, some more stuff done at the Louvre-Lens: horses studies after Rubens' "Fall of Phaeton", very useful for a prancing pony like Cabriole (the temporary exposition is now dedied to Rubens, and I'll tell about it in another article), and from a older visit to the museum with my dear Kafkami where she drew for the first time Ariane on her pony "in the mammoths' valley" (after Brueghel that time!!)

More to come: how I found Timiga and Ariane in some advertisements for starch.

4 commentaires:

  1. I love these sketches, the first two in particular! And that's really Ariane in this painting, so similiar to how I imagine her. It's so interesting to find such references in old pictures, and fun. Perhaps I should start saving such findings (:

    I'm looking forward to seeing these sketches as finished paintings!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Indeed, I'm always pleased when I see a painting or a picture and I think "It could be one of my characters here!". It would be very nice if you share theses findings!!

    Do you mean I should continue as a whole painting copy? (I did not think about that, but now you've said it...)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Whatever you'll do with it, whether continue to base it on the original or go on with your own ideas, I think it'll be brilliant.

      I think I will share them, but I need to gather anything first, I haven't saved such pictures before. Ytril might help with that, she's got quite a collection, on her studies.

      Supprimer
  3. De bien jolis croquis qui donne envie de flâner au musée :)

    RépondreSupprimer