samedi 14 février 2015

Mille regrets

Watercolors and inks on paper (A4)

That illustration is actually inspired by a book I enjoyed very much, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, which is itself based on the Grimm fairytale, you know, that horrible one with the vicious chambermaid and the decapited-but-still-speaking-horse.

Thee trees are based on those I can see through the window during my lessons at the university. You may conclude that I'm rather an inattentive student :p


Some close-up :


Shannon Hale wrote some sequel to her book, including Enna Burning which I also read (not as good as the first book, though)
I was looking for some nice children's novel at the library and I've been immediatly attracted by these beautiful covers are painted by the children's illustrator Allison Jay.
I must say, I would never have picked these books with their other covers (just a picture to compare) !! (As we say, don't judge a book by its cover... in both ways).



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire